16 Ways to Say NO to Violence against Women
Do you know someone who doesn’t know about the 16 Days of Activism? Take the first step – make them aware!
Create your own 16 Days action and post it on http://www.saynotoviolence.org – you can screen a film about violence against women, organize community events, marches, petition drives, awareness workshops and more. Take action!
Take the Say NO – UNiTE Quiz at http://www.saynotoviolence.org/quiz to test your knowledge and share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Violence against women happens every minute, every day. Send a Wake Up Call to your friends, family and networks and start the conversation.
Take back the technology to prevent violence against women and girls. Take action!
Girls and young women are vulnerable to violence in their homes, schools, streets and work place. Join the Girl Guides and Girl Scouts to make their voices heard! Join the webinar today!
Today is the World AIDS Day. The World AIDS Campaign is all about getting to zero – zero new HIV Infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS related deaths. Pick your action and demand for zero.
“What will it take to end violence against women and girls?” Join the Facebook discussion and Tweet using #16Days to Say NO!
In cities around the world, women and girls face sexual harassment in public spaces. Hollaback to end street harassment. Take action!
There is no security without women’s security. What does security mean to you? Post your view!
Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the UN Trust Fund – Watch and Take Action!
16 Things that men and boys can do to end violence against women. Spread the word and take action!
Organize a Shine Your Light Walk to take back the night in your community. Organize now!
There is a global campaign to end violence against women led by the UN Secretary-General! Chat with UNiTE Campaign Manager Aldijana Sisic on Twitter using #AskUNiTE or on our Facebook page. Join the conversation!
Can violence against women end? Have your say – blog about it and post here. Take action!
Be a change maker – donate to the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women to support projects that change women’s lives. Donate now!
- Through the eyes of a woman (unicef.org.au)
- Violence Against Women Statistics (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- An anthem for the campaign to end violence against women (avoiceforhope.wordpress.com)
- A Royal Violation – An Orange Day Sermon to End Violence Against Women (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Speak Out Sunday | Unbound (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Q&A: UN Urges Men to Join Call to Action to End Violence against Women (ipsnews.net)
- An anthem for the campaign to end violence against women (ted.com)
- Craftivism and the City: “The Barbie Effect” (craftivist-collective.com)