The closer it gets to March 2013, the more and more excited I become with all the possibilities….
It is certainly to be a role of a lifetime, and I can’t wait! :))
Check out our quick video update about what were planning for the 57th Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations!
Ecumenical Women is an international coalition of church denominations and ecumenical organizations which have status with the Economic & Social Council (ECOSOC) at the United Nations. As a coalition, we seek to give those traditionally excluded from political decision making bodies, opportunities to speak truth to power through partnerships with our communities and through bringing women from around the world to the United Nations. Our Ecumenical Women coalition advocates for gender justice at the United Nations, incorporating annual advocacy trainings for our constituencies and delegations, network building and policy recommendations which challenge structures of inequality. Members of Ecumenical Women advocate not only for a few improvements but for a fundamental system change in church and state to invest in and empower women worldwide.
For more information, check out our website at http://www.ecumenicalwomen.org.
- J.R. WATKINS FUNDRAISER – Getting me to the United Nations on Time! (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Still Fund Raising for Delegate Role (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Fundraising Report 10/17/2012 (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Thanksgiving Week Usually Begats Gratitude Week (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- There is one thing that you can do… (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- AWE Women’s Indaba (continuingindaba.com)
- The official beginning… (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Hurricane Sandy and the United Nations delegate role? (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Disaster Rx: Try a Little Tenderness | Next Avenue (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- Preparedness for United Nations (unitednationsdelegate.com)