What will you do to make a movement towards ending the violence against women and children? Are you going to do anything significant on November 25th? What will you be doing between November 25th and the next year’s (2013’s) International Day to End Violence Against Women?
Hear Michelle Bachelet’s words from the United Nations Women, calling a call to action to help ending violence against women and children.
To mark the International Day to End Violence against Women on 25 November 2012, UN Women Executive Director Michelle Bachelet calls on all heads of state and government to make new commitments and take strong national action to protect women and girls. The world community has already come a long along way with national laws, international treaties, and widespread and growing awareness on ending violence against women. But it is not enough. Government promises must be translated into concrete actions, such as providing new safe houses, free hotline services, and free legal and medical aid to survivors. The time for complacency has run out. Together, it is possible to stop the violence against women against women and girls.
- November 25 is International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (stephencmonahan.wordpress.com)
- Violence Against Women: UN launches initiative to highlight commitments to end violence against women and girls (ionglobaltrends.com)
- 8 Million USD in grants by UN Trust Fund set to stop violence against women (womennewsnetwork.net)
- Stronger actions needed to prevent conflict-related sexual violence (bikyamasr.com)
- 16 Days of Activism | Say NO – UNiTE (unitednationsdelegate.com)
- U.N. Women Demands End to Impunity for Wartime Rape and Violence (ipsnews.net)
- Strengthening women’s access to justice (bikyamasr.com)
- Michelle Bachelet heralds full participation of women (english.pravda.ru)
- Violence, Discrimination Against Women Rises in Pakistan (voanews.com)
- Croatia: Un Expert Welcomes Efforts to Deal With Violence Against Women, Urges More (markgeoffreykirshner.com)