This is the official beginning of my journey from being officially notified the other day with an email stating,
We are pleased to tell you that you are invited to attend the 57th Session of the the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) from March 4-15, 2013 as part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) delegation. Participation in the CSW provides the opportunity to advocate with this global policy-making body where representatives of UN Member States gather to “evaluate progress on gender equality, identify challenges, set global standards and formulate concrete policies to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment worldwide.”
I started making a journal on Facebook under Road to United Nations. Unfortunately, Facebook is having some of its quirks (and I have reported it many times with no avail) so I have created this blog to carry it on from this day forward, although, because I have many other fb pages that do work within the same common theme of awareness of domestic violence, sexual assault, gender mutilation, human trafficking, etc. issues that I may forward articles/posts of interests on those pages to the Road to United Nations fb page in those circumstances.
I have also created a fundraising page that I have entitled, Domestic Violence Leadership Roles, through GoFundMe. Please feel free to contribute to my cause to help me get where I know that I need to be, if you are able to do so. Even a $5 contribution can help immensely!
Hoping you will enjoy my journey and will contribute additional ideas/suggestions that will aid in my journey. May we all see the end of domestic violence, etc., at the end of our journey process on a global basis (we can hope, right?)!!
- Call for Proposals: Women’s equality & gender based violence in Canada (spiceyouthtoronto.com)
- October is National Domestive Violence Awareness Month (cathysvoicenow.wordpress.com)
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step for Saudi girls. (unicef.org.au)
- Letters: Language is important when referring to domestic violence (mlive.com)
- Gender equality issue in Pacific – Clark (radionz.co.nz)
- Can we re-gender empowerment and equality of the sexes? (womennewsnetwork.net)
- Red Thread produces ‘household guide’ on Sexual Offences Act (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Sexism, misogyny, gender equality: what does it all mean? (teamoyeniyi.com)
- Agreement between two UN organizations singed to work effectively on advancing gender equality in Pak (sananews.net)
- Zimbabwe Women Call for Gender, Political Equality (voanews.com)